Job Title: Product Assistant
Team: Product & Commercial
Reporting to: Head of Product and Commercial
Location: Head Office, London
Who are we?
Fleetway is one of the UK’s most successful travel operators, creating and selling amazing travel experiences. We are ranked as the UK’s top travel agent according to Review Centre. Based in central London (near Marble Arch) we are growing rapidly in both, the UK and International Markets; having recently received external investment to deliver an exciting growth plan.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Assistant with a passion for all things travel to join our busy Product team. The role requires a methodical person with a determined mindset, excellent organisation skills and always willing to ‘muck’ in to provide full support to all the Product team members.
You will be responsible for coordinating the work flow of new and existing products whilst working closely with each Product Manager to help deliver product to a variety of platforms with the aid of an internal tool called Sweetspot. A core function of the role is also to provide valuable reporting and market trends on a weekly basis to the product managers. A large portion of the role will be inputting data, covering all administration and being the first point of contact for admin queries. It will be your responsibility to gather information from other departments in order to answer any queries or further information requested. Over time your role will evolve to include dealing with suppliers directly via email or telephone.
If you are self-motivated and can work in a demanding environment then this challenging position will help you to grow and develop within the Product team.
- Full support with all administration duties such as contract draw ups, obtaining images and health and safety forms from hotels and suppliers
- Provide full assistance with reviewing copy, accuracy and appropriateness of information for all client documentation including liaising with the design team as necessary
- Maintain the contracting stage report – expiry of deals as well as FIT contracts
- Support the product development process to anticipate operational needs whilst bearing in mind the need for commercial viability
- Coordinate and communicate all product changes to relevant parties within the business
- Produce weekly research on competitor activity
- Deal with customer complaints/feedback to support the Customer Services team when needed and use this information to help guide and improve product processes
- Liaise with relevant suppliers for specific requests made by the UK sales team
- Keep a track of deals and help manage expiry dates of the deals
- Assist the product team with the task of requesting allotment top ups
- Research specific new ideas and product destinations and gather insights on any potential competitors products and keep up-to-date with trends in our market space
- Actively champion and promote the company and its products
- Be proactive within your environment and show initiative to gather information required to help ensure the success of the department
- Knowledge of the travel industry in Wholesaler / Tour operator or OTA environment.
- Ability to work within allotted timeframes and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of additional European languages is advantageous
- Demonstrate a level of Commercial awareness and interest in product creation and procurement
- Up to date with market and industry trends and continually develop personal knowledge and expertise
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- An understanding of the needs and motivation of a travel business#
- Highly competent IT skills, including proficiency in Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook
- Attention to detail, keen accuracy skills and systems orientated
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently and clearly, both verbally and in writing, with people inside the organisation and external contacts.
- A highly organised, methodical and flexible approach to work, including the ability to prioritise workload.
- Lateral thinking, problem solving and good arithmetic
- 20 days paid holidays, increasing to 22 after 1 years’ service
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to experience Fleetway travel deals at a reduced rate
- Access to our employee benefits program provided by Perkbox (which includes cycle to work scheme, free phone insurance, £5 cinema tickets, many other discounts and benefits!)
If you think you are suited to this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you!